My Job Application for SC House 105
Dear residents of S.C. House District 105,
Please accept this application to be your Representative in the S.C. General
Assembly District 105.
Position desired: S.C House of Representatives District 105
Place of residence: District 105, Horry County, S.C.
Married: Yes, for 48 years to Cheryl LeGette Robertson
Children: Son, daughter, daughter-in-law, and three beautiful granddaughters.
Experience: 45 years in the newspaper profession. Recently retired.
• Led a company that grew from one newspaper in 1980 to seven newspapers serving Horry County today.
• Understands importance of a balanced budget.
• Works well with others.
• Knows how to set a goal and achieve it.
• Comfortable speaking to large gatherings.
• A Christian man of integrity who enjoys helping others.
• Graduate of Coastal Carolina University
• Past President of the S.C. Press Association
• Past President of Conway Lions Club
• Past board member of the American Red Cross local chapter
• E. Craig Wall Entrepreneur of the Year
• Recipient of Conway Chamber Man of the Year
• American Legion Post 111 Distinguished Citizen of the Year
Why I want this job:
The current office holder has not introduced and passed a single bill in the S.C. House since being elected eight years ago. I would like the opportunity to put my many years of experience as a newspaper publisher, concerned citizen and successful business man to work for you in Columbia. Horry County deserves better!